If you’re returning the office in the Financial District in the coming weeks, we wanted to give you a preview of what to expect when you come back. Here’s a quick video.
- Masks are mandatory indoors and on transit. If you’re indoors, in the PATH or on transit, wear a mask over your nose and your mouth. It’s going to help protect the people around you and will protect you as well.
- Hand sanitizer will be available at entrances. Once you enter, you’ll notice a place where you can sanitize your hands and also a disposal for any used PPE like masks and gloves.
- Elevators are going to look different. Queuing areas have been set up so you’ll have space to physically distance. The number of people on an elevator will be limited. Once you get on, there will be a designated space for you to stand.
- Signs will direct you as you walk through the PATH. To keep traffic flowing in one direction, floor decals will let you know what side of the corridor to walk on. Escalators and stairs will have signs asking you to stay a couple steps back and keep right. Some stairwells will be designated either up or down only.
- Patios are bigger. The CaféTO program has given restaurants more patio space outside so you can eat with lots of room. If your favourite spot didn’t have a patio, they probably do now!
- New measures are in place on transit. Both the TTC and Metrolinx have taken steps to let commuters ride in comfort. You’ll see more hand sanitizer, people wearing masks and lots of cleaning.
What’s the same?
- Outdoor spaces are open. If you feel like a physically-distanced break outside, you can enjoy a bit of sunshine in the Financial District’s outdoor spaces.
- Your favourite PATH and Financial District businesses are ready for you. If you’re missing your favourite spots, they are ready for you. Pick up that book, grab that suit, go to that appointment.
When you’re ready to come back, we’re ready for you!