The Toronto Financial District BIA (FDBIA) represents Canada’s premier business centre, an area that includes Union Station, PATH pedestrian network and the country’s most prominent firms. With a mandate to promote economic development in the area, the FDBIA’s initiatives include developing and implementing a comprehensive public realm strategy for the Financial District, undertaking annual public realm improvements, showcasing the daily activity of our thriving businesses at MyTOFD.com and @MyTOFD, advocating for the needs of Financial District members and identifying collaborative opportunities that ensure the Financial District and PATH are well-maintained, integrated, connected and accessible. We are looking to hire a Communications Manager onto our team.
As part of the FDBIA leadership team reporting to the Executive Director, the Communications Manager leads strategic communications projects and provides significant support for FDBIA public affairs and policy activities. This position develops the FDBIA’s brand and ensures our priorities are communicated clearly to members, Financial District employees, governments and stakeholders.
Key aspects of the role include developing strategic communication goals and key messages, media relations, social media and website promotions, and building relationships with allied organizations. The Communications Manager directly manages a Social Media Coordinator position.
The role is currently primarily remote with occasional requirements to work in the Financial District and adhere to the FDBIA COVID-19 health and safety protocols.
- Post-secondary education in communications, public relations, marketing, journalism or equivalent work experience required.
- Five years of experience in a communications or advocacy role in a business environment.
- Demonstrated success with digital communications, including social media marketing and the ability to direct the creation of engaging online video (with the support of the Social Media Coordinator).
- Experience with public affairs or policy analysis is a strong asset.
- Exceptional writing skills.
- Experience creating engaging visual content to convey data and ideas effectively
- Demonstrated ability to work with a wide variety of individuals, including staff, media, public officials and senior business leaders.
- Experience managing a small, energetic and creative team and volunteer engagement experiences an asset.
- Flexible hours and locations required to meet business needs. Available to work Downtown Toronto, from home, or other locations as required to suit business needs.
Full job description can be downloaded at http://torontofinancialdistrict.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/Communications-Manager-Job-Description.pdf
HOW TO APPLY
Applications including salary expectations should be sent to email@example.com prior to Wednesday, November 11, 5:00 p.m.