The Toronto Financial District BIA (FDBIA) represents Canada’s premier business centre, an area that includes Union Station, PATH pedestrian network and the country’s most prominent firms. With a mandate to promote economic development in the area, the FDBIA’s initiatives include developing and implementing a comprehensive public realm strategy for the Financial District, undertaking annual public realm improvements, showcasing the daily activity of our thriving businesses at MyTOFD.com and @MyTOFD, advocating for the needs of Financial District members and identifying collaborative opportunities that ensure the Financial District and PATH are well-maintained, integrated, connected and accessible.
The Communications Manager is a member of the FDBIA’s leadership team and manages all aspects of internal and external communications. Key aspects of the role include developing strategic communication goals and key messages, media relations, online presence including social media, and relationships with allied industry organizations and stakeholder groups. Directly manages an Online Engagement Specialist position.
- Degree in organizational communications, marketing or journalism required.
- 5+ years of experience involving communications functions within a business environment.
- Proven social media excellence, including broad knowledge and ability, experience with scripted video content and targeted online promotion and able to meet objectives in a fluid social media environment.
- Exceptional skills in writing and graphical presentation of concepts, data and ideas.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a wide variety of individuals, including other staff, media, public officials and senior business leaders.
- Flexibility, collaboration and the ability to meet tight deadlines.
Full job description can be downloaded at: Communications Manager Job Description
HOW TO APPLY
Applications including salary expectations should be sent to email@example.com prior to Wednesday, August 15, 5:00 p.m.